Opening Doors® programs are facilitated by outside volunteers and trained inmate facilitators. Each program has a lead facilitator (always an outside volunteer) and 2 - 4 co-facilitators (one outside volunteer and one or more inmate volunteers). Facilitators decide how often and where they want to volunteer. Facilitation manuals, training and program supplies are provided at no cost by Opening Doors. Programs are held in adult and juvenile prisons and are scheduled for 3 consecutive weekdays, generally from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 or 4:00 p.m.
How to get involved:
- Participate in an Opening Doors® program
- Give prayerful consideration to involvement
- Attend Facilitator Training
- Sign Facilitator's Agreement
- Determine your schedule for facilitating
Please use the 'CONTACT US' feature in the upper right hand corner also to provide a detailed message of your interest.