We have been able to serve ex-offenders and their families in part due to grants from state and federal sources. These have the advantage of making funds available to promote our efforts, but they also require a lot of time and effort to pursue and often are very limiting. In addition, during these difficult economic times, there can be long interruptions in service while waiting on this funding. We long to partner with more individuals and churches to promote outreach to individuals and families who have been so impacted by incarceration.
Would you consider supporting our ministry? We are in a critical time, in which funds are low and the need is great.
Current specific needs include the following:
- Funding for Stand In The Gap Program Coordinator expenses and licensed professionals
- Funding to pay for Christian content that must be excluded from state or federal funding sources
- Funding to pay postage for Prayers For Prisoners
- For the State to develop a housing voucher system
- Funds to offer substance abuse recovery services to incarcerated women
We often tell ex-offenders that "when you struggle alone you tend to fail alone". This principal applies in recovery from addictions, overcoming hopelessness and really, in most areas of life. We believe that this also applies to us an agency. We wish to partner with others in serving this great need. Recently we have heard numerous stories of churches and individuals who wish to start or expand prison ministries. We are very excited to see this!! How can we help?
We have training that we can offer, consulting, stories of mistakes and stories of victories. We have workshops and materials that can help you develop your prison ministry. We have also been doing a lot of research into "what works" in working with ex-offenders. And most importantly we believe in real hope for change based on faith in Christ.
"No one knows everything about reentry, but everyone has the right to know more" James
"No one knows everything about change, but everyone needs to know more" James
We need of all of the following volunteer resources:
- More prayer partners for Prayers For Prisoners
- More churches to send their prayer requests to participating inmate intercessors
- A CPA with non-profit experience to conduct in independant outside financial audit
- Marketing expertise to design our program display board and edit our informational brochures
- Accounting skills to manage our internal fiscal controls and grant management process
- New volunteers for SITG spiritual families for youth program facilitation
- New prayer warriors to join in the prayer assignment for Opening More Doors for Women (trauma recovery for incarcerated women)
We hope you will consider adding your time and talent to ours to benefit those we serve. Thank you!